If you’re frustrated with your social media game, or just getting started, here are another 13 social media tips for you…
The part 2 of a 2 part series blog article “13 (more) Social Media Tips for Musicians” by Bobby Borg on Disc Makers Blog provides a wealth of practical advice for musicians navigating the complex landscape of social media. Here’s a concise summary of the tips shared:
- Balance Selling and Entertaining: Prioritize entertaining content over sales pitches. Engage your audience with your personality and art before introducing sales-oriented content.
- Grow Your Fanbase Organically: Cherish each fan and build your community one person at a time, focusing on genuine engagement and connection.
- Avoid Bots: Stay away from bots and fake engagement tactics. They can harm your credibility and negatively impact your social media algorithms.
- Leverage Social Media Tools: Embrace and experiment with the latest tools provided by social media platforms to enhance your content’s reach and engagement.
- Embrace Authenticity: Even if you’re shy or prefer anonymity, find ways to express your true self. Authenticity resonates with audiences.
- Consider a Social Media Team: While having a team is beneficial, it’s not essential. Authentic, self-managed social media presence can also be very effective.
- Strategic Advertising: Invest in advertising wisely. Ensure your brand and message are clear and compelling before amplifying them through paid promotions.
- Quality vs. Consistency: Aim for both. Produce high-quality content regularly without overextending yourself to avoid burnout.
- Understand Industry Metrics: Be aware of the metrics that matter in the music industry, such as streaming numbers and social media following, but also focus on long-term success rather than short-term virality.
- Social Media Necessity: In today’s digital age, having a social media presence is almost unavoidable and essential for reaching wider audiences.
- Utilize Supporting Tools: Tools like Canva and CapCut can significantly enhance your social media content creation, making it more professional and engaging.
- Leverage AI: Use AI tools like ChatGPT for tasks such as writing bios, finding keywords, and identifying promotional opportunities.
- Manage Mental Health: Social media can be demanding. Remember to take breaks, be kind to yourself, and maintain a healthy balance between your online presence and personal well-being.
The article emphasizes the importance of authenticity, strategic planning, and mental health awareness in effectively using social media as a tool for music promotion and fan engagement.